Carlos Sainz Jr. is a Spanish racing driver. He currently competes in Formula One for the Scuderia Ferrari S.p.A. team. He is the son of two-time World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz.
Sainz Jr.’s ambition to become a Formula One driver began after Fernando Alonso won the 2005 world championship.
As of 2020, he has switched between four different teams in five years.
Carlos Sainz's net worth 2023
Carlos Sainz Jr has a net worth of $49.000.000. His net worth is expected to reach $100 million by the time his contract expires with Ferrari.
Carlos Sainz’s financials
Carlos Sainz's salary 2023
Carlos Sainz Jr’s salary was $5.000.000 in 2020, $8.000.000 in 2021, $10.000.000 in 2022. For 2023 Sains Jr will have a whopping salary of $12.000.000 from his current contract with Ferrari.
Table of Contents
Watch this video to learn more about Carlos Sainz’s lifestyle.
Carlos Sainz Jr. Endorsements
Carlos Sainz Jr. has several high-profile endorsements. These include Estrella Galicia, Scuderia Ferrari, Shiseido Men, and Playstation. He is reported to earn €3.5 million from his endorsements alone.
Estrella Galicia is a Spanish beer company that has been associated with Carlos Sainz Jr. since his early racing days. The company has used its image to promote its products both in Spain and internationally.
Carlos Sainz Jr. is an official ambassador for the Ferrari Racing team. He has appeared in several promotional materials for the team, including a special edition watch released this year.
Shiseido Men is a Japanese skincare brand that Carlos Sainz Jr. became the face of in 2018. He has appeared in several commercials and print ads for the brand, which is targeted at men aged 18-34 years old.
The Spaniard is also an ambassador for PlayStation, appearing in ads and at gaming events for the popular video game console.
- Ferrari has decided to extend their contract with him based on his last five race performances.
- He has one win and thirteen podiums under his belt, totaling 723.5 points in his career.
- He comes from a family of racing champions – his father is Carlos Sainz Sr., a two-time World Rally Champion, and his uncle is Antonio Sainz, a rally driver.
- Fernando Alonso’s 2005 championship victory was what inspired Sainz Jr.to to pursue a career in racing.
- As a youngster, he trialed Real Madrid for the Spanish football team, but unfortunately, he didn’t cut!
- Sainz Jr.is currently ranked tenth among the drivers with the most races without a win. His best result is second place (he’s finished in P2 twice).
- He made his Formula One debut with Toro Rosso at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix – finishing in an impressive 9th place.
- In 2018, he moved up to Renault before being announced as a Ferrari driver for 2020.
- His favorite cheat meal is burgers and chips – although we’re sure he’ll stick to healthy snacks during race season!
- Like many F1 drivers, Carlos began his racing career in karting. He first got behind the wheel at seven and won numerous championships in Spain and Europe.
- Carlos Sainz provides Voice Overs for Disney’s international movie “Lightyear”.
Learn more about Carlos Sainz Jr
Carlos Sainz Jr. is a Spanish racing driver who currently competes in Formula One for the Scuderia Ferrari team. He is the son of former double World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz.
Before entering Formula One, Sainz won the Formula Renault 3.5 Series championship in 2014 and the younger classes of the 2010 and 2011 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC championships. He has been nicknamed “El Matador” by the Spanish-speaking media.
Sainz Jr. has been nicknamed “the smooth operator” by his fans and team due to his calm and consistent driving style. He has achieved 14 podium finishes in Formula One, as well as one pole position and one fastest lap.
|Full Name||Carlos Sainz Vázquez de Castro|
|Date of Birth||September 1st, 1994|
Carlos Sainz's Early Life
Sainz Jr. started his karting career and won several junior championships before moving into single-seater cars. He took the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship in 2011 before progressing to Formula 3 in 2012.
He became the FIA European Formula 3 champion that year before making his Formula One debut with Toro Ross at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix, replacing Daniil Kvyat for the remainder of that season.
Sainz remained with Toro Ross for 2016 and 2017, after which he moved to Renault in 2018, spending one season there before joining McLaren in 2019.
Sainz has scored 738.5 points during his 158 race entries, including 17 podium finishes. At the end of the 2020 season, he moved to Ferrari, replacing Sebastian Vettel.
Karting Career (2006-2009)
Carlos Sainz Jr. began his racing career in 2006, competing in the Spanish and Asia-Pacific KF3 championships. In 2008, he won the Asia-Pacific title and was runner-up in the Spanish Championship. The following year, he won the prestigious Junior Monaco Kart Cup and was runner-up in the European KF3 Championship.
Before Formula 1 Career
In 2010, he switched to the British Formula Europe, finishing 4th. In 2012, Sainz made his GP2 debut with Lotus GP (now known as ART Grand Prix). He scored two podium finishes en route to seventh place in the standings. He continued racing in GP2 in 2013 with Carlin Motorsport, scoring one win and four podiums to finish sixth overall.
Sainz made his debut in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series in 2013 with the Zeta Corse. The following year, he again participated and won the series with DAMS.
Toro Rosso (2015-2017)
He made his Formula One debut with Scuderia Toro Rosso at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix. Sainz scored his first Formula One points at the 2016 Russian Grand Prix with a twelve-place finish.
Sainz had a disappointing start to the 2019 season with his new team, McLaren. Reliability problems cost him dearly in the Australian Grand Prix, followed by collisions in the Bahrain and Chinese Grand Prix. However, he got among the points after that, finishing strongly and in contention for 6th place in the drivers’ standings.
Sainz started last on the grid in the Brazilian Grand Prix race due to engine problems during qualifying. But he finished 4th, but Lewis Hamilton received a penalty for causing a collision that elevated Sainz to 3rd place – his first career podium finish.
In Abu Dhabi’s season-ending race, Sainz overtook fellow countryman Hülkenberg on the last lap to cross the finish line in 5th place.
He finished second in the Italian Grand Prix. He scored 105 points in the 2020 championship and placed sixth.
In 2021, Sainz signed a two-year contract with Ferrari to replace Sebastian Vettel alongside Charles Leclerc. He qualified third for his maiden race with the team at the Bahrain Grand Prix and went on to score points in all but one of the season’s remaining races. Sainz’s strong performances prompted Ferrari to extend his contract until 2024.
- Carlos Sainz Jr.started his karting career in 2006, and by 2008, he had already won the CIK-FIA Asia-Pacific Championship.
- The following year, he raced in the Monaco Kart Cup, again coming in 1st.
- In 2009, Sainz Jr. moved up to the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series, finishing 2nd overall.
- He also won the Formula Renault 2.0 NEC championship that same year.
- In 2011, Sainz Jr.jumped to Formula Renault 3.5 Series with DAMS Racing and finished in 1st place overall.
- The following year, he made his Formula One debut with Scuderia Ferrari at the Monaco Grand Prix, finishing 5th overall.
- In 2014, Sainz Jr.’s strong results in Formula Renault led to a full-time drive with Toro Rosso in Formula One.
- In 2019, Carlos Sainz Jr. scored his first Formula One podium finish at the Brazilian Grand Prix, where he finished third.
- In 2022, Sainz again achieved a podium finish at the Monaco Grand Prix, this time finishing in second place.
- Overall, Sainz has finished 5th in the Formula One standings with Scuderia Ferrari.
What else does Sergio Perez own?
As a renowned racing driver, Carlos Sainz Jr. has had the privilege of driving some of the most expensive cars in the world. His car collection includes several high-end luxury and performance vehicles. Here are some of his rides:
- Ferrari Roma – $680,000
- Bentley Continental GT – $900,000
- Ferrari 812 – $950,000
- McLaren 720S – $1 Million
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT – $815,000
In addition to being a world-renowned racing driver, Carlos Sainz Jr.’s homes are located in some of the most desirable locations in the world. Sainz Jr.’s first love is racing, but he has also put much of his money into real estate. He has property in Spain and Italy, including a luxurious penthouse in Madrid.
Boat / Yacht
Carlos Sainz Jr. is also an avid sailor. Sainz Jr. enjoys spending time on his classic Riva Yacht or his 55-foot Van Dutch boat when he’s not behind the wheel. The young Spaniard is living the high life and enjoying every minute!
Sainz Jr.’s watch collection is truly impressive, and it is clear that he takes great pride in owning these beautiful timepieces.
- Roger Dubuis – $260,000
- Speake Marin – $290,000
- Bovet Fleurier – $120,000
- F.P Journe – $120,000
- F.P Journe – $120,000
Have you ever wanted to know even more about Carlos Sainz Jr? We got you covered with our article: 50 interesting facts about Carlos Sainz Jr.
Frequently asked questions
How much does Carlos Sainz Jr. earn in a year?
How rich is Carlos Sainz Jr.?
How is Carlos Sainz Jr. so rich?
Where did Carlos Sainz Jr. get his money?
Is Carlos Sainz Jr. a billionaire?
Sergio Perez's salary and net worth compared to other Formula 1 drivers
With a net worth of $10 million, Carlos Sainz Jr. is among the highest-paid Formula 1 drivers. He is ranked No. 6 by Statista among the highest earning F1 drivers and No. 8 by Formulapedia. To learn more about the salaries of other Formula One drivers, check out and compare Carlos Sainz salary to other Formula 1 drivers.
|#||Read more about the drivers salary and net worth||Team||Salary (USD $)||Salary (EUR €)|
|1||Max Verstappen||Red Bull||$55m||€51.67m|
|6||Sergio Perez||Red Bull||$10m||€9.39m|
|-||Valtteri Bottas||Alfa Romeo||$10m||€9.39m|
|10||Fernando Alonso||Aston Martin||$5m||€4.69m|
|14||Lance Stroll||Aston Martin||$2m||€1.9m|
|-||Nyck De Vries||AlphaTauri||$2m||€1.9m|
|-||Zhou Guanyu||Alfa Romeo||$2m||€1.9m|
Carlos Sainz Jr.is a world-renowned Formula One driver who brings home a large salary for his skill and success on the track. The Spaniard is only 26 years old but has already made waves in the racing world, impressing fans and fellow drivers alike with his driving style and results.
Sainz’s net worth is an estimated $47 million, making him the 8th highest-paid Formula One driver currently racing. His contract with Ferrari was recently renewed, and it’s believed that his annual salary is around $10 million per year.