Are you a big fan of Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz Jr? Have you ever wanted to learn more about him? We got you covered with this list of 50 interesting facts about the F1 driver!
50 Interesting Facts About Carlos Sainz Jr
- Carlos Sainz Jr is a Spanish Formula One driver.
- He was born on September 1, 1994, in Madrid, Spain.
- His father is Carlos Sainz, a two-time World Rally Champion.
- Sainz Jr began his racing career in karting at the age of 8.
- He won several regional karting championships before moving up to single-seater racing.
- In 2010, Sainz Jr won the Asia-Pacific KF3 karting championship.
- He made his debut in single-seater racing in 2010 in the Formula BMW Europe series.
- Sainz Jr won the Formula Renault 2.0 NEC championship in 2011.
- He also finished second in the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship that year.
- In 2012, Sainz Jr won the British Formula 3 championship.
- He also competed in the Macau Grand Prix that year.
- Sainz Jr made his debut in the GP3 Series in 2013, finishing 10th overall.
- He won the Formula Renault 3.5 Series championship in 2014.
- Sainz Jr made his debut in Formula One in 2015 with the Toro Rosso team.
- He finished 15th in his first race, the Australian Grand Prix.
- Sainz Jr scored his first points in Formula One with a 9th place finish in the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Order your new Ferrari merchandise from the official Formula 1 store today.
- World wide shipping
- Official Formula 1 store
- 300+ different products
- 90 days returns
17. He finished 15th overall in the 2015 Formula One World Championship.
18. Sainz Jr remained with Toro Rosso for the 2016 season.
19. He scored points in seven races that year, finishing 12th in the championship.
20. Sainz Jr moved to the Renault team in 2017.
21. He scored points in his first race with the team, finishing 8th in the Spanish Grand Prix.
22. Sainz Jr finished 9th in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.
23. He remained with Renault for the 2018 season.
24. Sainz Jr finished 10th in the championship that year, scoring a best result of 5th in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
25. In 2019, Sainz Jr moved to the McLaren team.
26. He scored points in his first race with the team, finishing 8th in the Australian Grand Prix.
27. Sainz Jr finished 6th in the 2019 Formula One World Championship, scoring a best result of 3rd in the Brazilian Grand Prix.
28. He remained with McLaren for the 2020 season.
29. Sainz Jr scored points in 13 races that year, finishing 6th in the championship.
30. In 2021, Sainz Jr moved to the Ferrari team.
31. He scored points in his first race with the team, finishing 8th in the Bahrain Grand Prix.
32. Sainz Jr finished 8th in the 2021 Formula One World Championship.
33. He is known for his aggressive driving style and ability to overtake other drivers.
34. Sainz Jr has been compared to his father, who is considered one of the greatest rally drivers of all time.
35. He is also known for his love of football and is a supporter of Real Madrid.
36. Sainz Jr is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
37. He is also known for his sense of humor and has a large following on social media.
38. Sainz Jr has won several awards throughout his racing career, including the Rookie of the Year award in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series and the Autosport National Driver of the Year award in 2012.
39. Sainz Jr supportes organizations such as Save the Children and the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.
40. He has been praised for his professionalism and dedication to his sport.
41. Sainz Jr is a keen cyclist and enjoys keeping fit outside of racing.
42. He has also competed in endurance races such as the 24 Hours of Daytona.
43. Sainz Jr is part of a new generation of Formula One drivers, alongside drivers such as Max Verstapp (50 Max Verstappen facts) and Charles Leclerc (50 Charles Leclerc facts).
44. He has been described as one of the most talented drivers of his generation.
45. Sainz Jr has spoken openly about the pressures of being a Formula One driver, including the mental and physical demands of the sport.
46. He has a strong relationship with his father and has said that he is a major influence on his racing career.
47. Sainz Jr is also a fan of other motorsports, including MotoGP and endurance racing.
48. He has said that he would like to compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans at some point in his career.
49. Sainz Jr is known for his positive attitude and is popular with fans of the sport.
50. Carlos is expected to continue to be a major force in Formula One in the years to come, and many believe that he has the potential to become a world champion.