Yuki Tsunoda made his Formula 1 debut in the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix, becoming the youngest driver to start a race in F1 history. The 22-year-old is currently driving for Scuderia AlphaTauri, replacing Daniil Kvyat, and has already shown great promise, finishing in the points in his first two races. Here are details about his net worth and salary in September 2022.
Yuki Tsunoda's net worth March 2023
As of September 2022, Yuki Tsunoda’s net worth is an estimated $5 million. This includes his earnings from Protex and Platz, excluding his bonuses and sponsorship deals he may have. Tsunoda is a young driver with a lot of potentials, so his net worth is likely to increase in the future. His net worth is only going to increase in the years to come as he continues to find success on the track.
Salary from Alpha Tauri
Yuki Tsunoda Shop
Honda Civic Type R
Yuki Tsunoda's salary from Alpha Tauri
Yuki Tsunoda’s base salary from his team is $1 million, but this is only a fraction of his total earnings. Tsunoda also earns income from endorsements and other sources. In addition to his salary and endorsement deals, Tsunoda also earns income from his racing winnings.
Table of Contents
Watch this video to learn more about Yuki Tsunoda.
Yuki Tsunoda Endorsements
Tsunoda’s talent has not gone unnoticed, and he has already secured many high-profile endorsements. Yuki Tsunoda has endorsements from some of the biggest names in the automotive industry. Honda, Honda Cars, Maseki Geinosha, Protex, Arai Helmets, and Platz are all current sponsors of the young driver. The previous sponsors for Yuki were Red Bull, Racing Gear Print Services 3P, and CrossFit La Côte.
Each company has played a role in helping Tsunoda reach the top level of motorsport.
Honda has been a long-time supporter of the driver since 2016, providing funding and vehicles for him to compete in both karting and open-wheel racing.
- Maseki Geinosha
Maseki Geinosha, a Japanese talent agency that manages comedians, was one of the first to sign Tsunoda just before his F1 career.
Protex is an official website partner of Tsunoda. It’s a Japanese OEM cosmetics manufacturer.
- Arai Helmets
Arai Helmets is another one of Tsunoda’s sponsors. The Netherlands-based helmet manufacturer has been supplying Tsunoda with helmets since he started racing in Formula One.
The Japanese-based company Platz, a pet supplies manufacturer, is another one of Tsunoda’s sponsors.
With such big names behind him, it is clear that Tsunoda is a driver to watch out for in the future.
- Honda-backed driver, Yuki Tsunoda, made his Formula 1 debut in 2021 with AlphaTauri. The 20-year-old Japanese racer is the youngest driver on the grid, replacing Daniil Kvyat.
- Tsunoda started his racing career in 2010 when he joined the JAF Junior Karting Championship.
- He quickly rose through the ranks, sponsored by Honda, and partnered with both Honda and Red Bull at an early age. This saw his quick rise to Formula 3, Euroformula, and then to Formula 2 with Carlin.
- As a young child, Yuki Tsunoda was inspired by his father’s racing career and took up karting at the age of four.
- He quickly proved to be a talented driver, winning 10 races in his first season and finishing on the podium 18 times.
- His strong performances caught the attention of Red Bull, who signed him to their junior driver program.
- He has special skills such as the Eiken Foundation of Japan English Test Level 2 and TOEIC Bridge 132 points.
- In 2010, he was New Tokyo NTC Cup Series Champion.
- In 2011, he was announced as the winner at Yamaha SL National Tournament and was given the Toranosuke Takagi Award.
- He became the Bridgestone award winner at the World Karting Championship FP Junior Challenge Class 2nd in 2012.
- In 2019, Yuki Tsunoda became the first Japanese GP driver since Kamui Kobayashi in 2014.
- In 2020, Tsunoda claimed the Anthoine Hubert Award in the Formula 2 Championship. which is supposed to be the reason to get into F1.
- Tsunoda’s debut in Formula 1 will be highly anticipated, especially after an entire episode of the Netflix show Drive to Survive was dedicated to him.
- At the age of 20, Tsunoda became the youngest driver in the grid when he made his debut in the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix.
Learn more about Yuki Tsunoda
|Full Name||Yuki Tsunoda|
|Date of Birth||11th May, 2000|
Born in Kanagawa, Japan, Yuki Tsunoda is a 22-year-old racing driver who competes in Formula One for the AlphaTauri team. Overall, Tsunoda is an extremely talented young driver who is already earning a significant amount of money. When his dad gives him the option between a two-wheeler and a four-wheeler, he picks the two-wheeler without hesitation.
Yuki Tsunoda has only spent two seasons in Formula One and has a net worth of $5 million. At just 21 years old, he is the youngest driver in Formula One. With his immense talent and drive, there is no doubt that Tsunoda will continue to rack up championships in the years to come.
Tsunoda’s successful career in motorsport can largely be attributed to his strong educational background. Tsunoda graduated from LCA International Preschool in 2007, LCA Kokusai Elementary School in 2013, and Wako High School in 2017. Most recently, he has been studying at Nippon Sport Science University’s Faculty of Sports Management.
Undoubtedly, Tsunoda’s academic achievements have played a significant role in his success as a racing driver. His ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations has helped him excel in the competitive world of motorsport. We’re sure we’ll be seeing more of Tsunoda in the years to come!
Tsunoda has never spoken publicly about his family or girlfriend, and he has not disclosed his relationship status. But it’s no secret that Yuki Tsunoda’s father had a big influence on his decision to pursue a career in motor racing. His father was a mechanic and used to compete in local racing series, which sparked Yuki’s interest in the sport at a young age.
They quickly set about getting him into karting. For the next decade, his father would be his mechanic and advisor, attending every race as Yuki made his way through the ranks. Mr. Tsunoda played an integral role in developing one of the most promising young talents in Formula One today.
At the age of 4, he rode a kart for the first time.
Won the Nakai Inter-Circuit Series Championship
At East Japan, Junior Comer 60 won the first match
Mobara West Cup Series Champion
East Japan Junior Expert Class Series 3rd
All Japan FP Junior Cadet Championship Series 6th
New Tokyo NTC Cup Series Champion
Haruna Cup Series 2nd
Winner at Yamaha SL National Tournament (Lake Biwa)
Official Driver for Kosmic Junior Racing Team Japan
Yamaha SL Summer Festival (Auto Paradise Gotemba) Winner
World Karting Championship FP Junior Challenge Class 2nd (Bridgestone Award winner)
Yamaha SL National Tournament SS (SUGO) 4th
All Japan Championship KF Class 4th in the series
Four Wheel Racing Debut
Winner at Super FJ Dream Cup Race
Super FJ Japan’s best match win
FIA-F4 Round 12 Suzuka Round Spot Entry 4th
JAF-F4 East Japan Series Series Champion (best match win)
3rd place in the FIA-F4 series
FIA-F4 series champion
FIA F3 Championship Series-9th
EuroFormula Open Series-4th
FIA F2 Championship:
New Zealand Toyota Racing Series, 4th:
FIA Formula 1 Championship Series 14th with 32pts
FIA Formula 1 Championship Series 17th with 12ts.
- Yuki Tsunoda is a Japanese racing driver who currently competes in Formula One, driving for Scuderia AlphaTauri.
- Tsunoda made his single-seater debut in 2016, competing in the Japanese F4 Championship with the Sutekina Racing Team. He finished 16th in the standings with 30 points.
- The following year, Tsunoda switched to the Honda Formula Dream Project and won three races on his way to a third-place finish in the championship standings.
- In 2018, Tsunoda dominated the F4 Japanese Championship, winning seven races and finishing first overall with 245 points.
- Tsunoda moved up to FIA Formula 3 in 2019, joining Jenzer Motorsport. He scored his maiden F3 win at Silverstone and finished ninth in the championship standings with 67 points.
- That same year, Tsunoda also contested the Euroformula Open Championship and the Macau Grand Prix, finishing fourth and 11th respectively.
- In 2020, Tsunoda graduated to FIA Formula 2 with Carlin Buzz Racing. He scored three wins en route to a third-place finish in the championship standings with 200 points.
- Tsunoda also competed in the Toyota Racing Series that year, finishing fourth overall with 257 points.
- In 2021, Tsunoda made his Formula One debut with Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda (now Scuderia AlphaTauri).
Favorite quotes from Yuki Tsunoda
- “It was good to be racing again after the break. It was a bit of an untidy weekend and having to start from the pitlane, but on the positive side, I was generally pleased with how I drove over the three days and we had quite a good pace from the car.”
- “Come on Yuki Tsunoda, use your best in every race.”
- “Keep going fast and get the wins.”
- If we can have a clean time in Zandvoort I think we can aim for points as we now have a better understanding of our car and how to get more out of it.”
- “I want to say a huge thank you to Red Bull, Honda, and Scuderia AlphaTauri for continuing to allow me to drive in F1.
- “Tomorrow I want to build up to it like I did today, and I’m aiming to make it into Q3,”
- “Of course, I wanted to drive in the dry, but I can’t change the weather, and I’m happy I was able to stay focused in the wet.”
- “I was really surprised and grateful at how many fans turned out in the rain.”
- “Finally being able to drive at Suzuka in a Formula 1 car on a rain-soaked day of practice for the Japanese Grand Prix was a dream come true.”
What else does he own?
Yuki Tsunoda is a professional racing driver from Japan who made his Formula 1 debut with the AlphaTauri team at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix. Even though he has only competed in two seasons of F1, his net worth is considerably good. Here is a list of things he owns:
Yuki Tsunoda Cars
Yuki Tsunoda’s car collection is growing every day. His impressive selection includes a Honda NSX and a Honda Civic Type R.
- The NSX is valued at $1,71,495.
- Civic Type R has a price tag of $38,910.
Yuki Tsunoda House
Yuki Tsunoda has recently relocated to Faenza, Italy to be near his AlphaTauri team. The team has set him up in a villa where the crew have their evenings while plotting their next move on the circuit.
Yuki Tsunoda Boat/Yacht
Yuki Tsunoda does not own a boat but intends to acquire one.
Frequently asked questions
How much does Yuki Tsunoda earn in a year?
How rich is Yuki Tsunoda?
How is Yuki Tsunoda so rich?
Where did Yuki Tsunoda get his money?
Is Yuki Tsunoda a billionaire?
Yuki Tsunoda salary and net worth compared to other Formula 1 drivers
As a racing driver in the 2022 season, Yuki Tsunoda is earning a salary of $0.5 million from his team, AlphaTauri. This puts him towards the lower end of the driver salaries in Formula 1.
However, it is still a significant amount of money, and Tsunoda’s net worth is reported to be around $5 million. This puts him ahead of some other drivers on the grid who are not earning as much from their teams. Find out more at https://formulapedia.com/f1-drivers-salaries/
|#||Read more about the drivers salary and net worth||Team||Salary (USD $)||Salary (EUR €)|
|1||Max Verstappen||Red Bull||$55m||€51.67m|
|6||Sergio Perez||Red Bull||$10m||€9.39m|
|-||Valtteri Bottas||Alfa Romeo||$10m||€9.39m|
|10||Fernando Alonso||Aston Martin||$5m||€4.69m|
|14||Lance Stroll||Aston Martin||$2m||€1.9m|
|-||Nyck De Vries||AlphaTauri||$2m||€1.9m|
|-||Zhou Guanyu||Alfa Romeo||$2m||€1.9m|
Overall, Tsunoda is an extremely talented young driver who is already earning a significant amount of money. Yuki Tsunoda’s net worth is currently around $5 million. His salary is estimated to be around $0.5 million per year. He also has numerous endorsement deals that bring in additional income. As he continues his career in the racing industry, his net worth and salary are expected to increase in the future.