The Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues is a motorsports circuit located in Mexico City, Mexico. It is one of the most renowned race tracks in the world and has a rich history in the world of motorsports.
Table of Contents
Watch this video to learn more about Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues.
History and Construction of Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues
The history of motorsports in Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues dates back to the 1950s when it was first used for car races. Over the years, the circuit underwent several renovations and improvements, including the addition of new facilities for the competitors and spectators.
The construction of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues was completed in 1962 and it quickly became a popular venue for international motorsports events. The circuit was named after the famous Mexican racing brothers, Pedro and Ricardo Rodrígues.
The circuit’s layout and design feature a combination of fast straights and tight corners, making it a challenging and exciting track for drivers and a thrilling experience for spectators. The circuit has a length of 4.304 kilometers and has hosted some of the biggest races in motorsports, including the Mexican Grand Prix.
First Grand Prix
Number of Laps
1:17.774 Valtteri Bottas (2021)
Famous features of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues
- It has a challenging layout with fast straights and tight corners.
- The circuit features state-of-the-art facilities for competitors and spectators.
- The circuit is located in the heart of Mexico City, making it easily accessible for motorsports fans.
- The circuit has hosted some of the biggest races in motorsports, including the Mexican Grand Prix.
- It is named after the famous Mexican racing brothers, Pedro and Ricardo Rodrígues.
Racing at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues
The Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues is a popular venue for international motorsports events. It hosts a variety of races, including Formula One, IndyCar, and the World Endurance Championship.
The track’s characteristics, such as its challenging layout with fast straights and tight corners, make it a challenging and exciting experience for drivers. The circuit is also known for its high altitude, which can affect the performance of the cars.
Over the years, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues has been the setting for some of the most memorable moments in motorsports history. Some of the notable races and moments include:
- The first Mexican Grand Prix in 1963.
- The memorable battle between Ayrton Senna and Nigel Mansell in 1990
- Lewis Hamilton’s historic win in 2019.
Compared to others Formula 1 circuits
|Race||Circuit||Circuit length||Race distance||Laps|
|Monaco Grand Prix||Circuit de Monaco||3.337km||260.286km||78|
|Dutch Grand Prix||Circuit Zandvoort||4.259km||306.648km||72|
|Austrian Grand Prix||Red Bull Ring||4.318km||306.452km||71|
|Mexican Grand Prix||Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues||4.304km||305.354km||71|
|Brazilian Grand Prix||Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace||4.309km||305.879km||71|
|Canadian Grand Prix||Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve||4.361km||305.270km||70|
|Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungaroring||4.381km||306.630km||70|
|Spanish Grand Prix||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya||4.655km||307.104km||66|
|Singapore Grand Prix||Marina Bay Street Circuit||5.063km||308.706km||61|
|Australian Grand Prix||Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit – Albert Park||5.303km||307.574km||58|
|Bahrain Grand Prix||Bahrain International Circuit||5.412km||308.238km||57|
|Miami Grand Prix||Miami International Autodrome||5.410km||308.37km||57|
|Chinese Grand Prix||Shanghai International Circuit||5.451km||305.066km||56|
|United States Grand Prix||Circuit of the Americas||5.513km||308.405km||56|
|Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||YAS Marina Circuit||5.554km||305.355km||55|
|French Grand Prix||Circuit Paul Ricard||5.842km||309.690km||53|
|Italian Grand Prix||Autodromo Nazionale Monza||5.793km||306.720km||53|
|Las Vegas Grand Prix||Las Vegas Street Circuit||6.120km||305.880km||50|
|Japanese Grand Prix||Suzuka International Racing Course||5.807km||307.471km||53|
|British Grand Prix||Silverstone Circuit||5.891km||306.198km||52|
|Azerbaijan Grand Prix||Baku City Circuit||6.003km||306.049km||51|
|Saudi Arabia Grand Prix||Jeddah Corniche Circuit||6.175km||308.750km||50|
|Belgian Grand Prix||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps||7.004km||308.052km||44|
Facilities and Amenities
The circuit offers a range of facilities and amenities to cater to the needs of spectators, teams, and media. Some of the facilities and amenities available at the circuit include:
- Grandstand seating with excellent views of the track
- Concession stands selling food and drinks
- Paddock areas for teams and media
- Hospitality suites for VIP guests
- Media centers for journalists
- Medical facilities for competitors and spectators
In addition to the above facilities, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues also offers a range of hospitality and VIP offerings. These VIP offerings are for guests who want to experience the races in style and include access to VIP lounges. It also gives you access to premium seating, gourmet food, and drinks.
For those who are traveling to Mexico for the races, there are several nearby hotels that offer comfortable accommodations. Additionally, the circuit is well-connected to the city’s transportation network, making it easy for visitors to get to and from the circuit.
In conclusion, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues is well-equipped with facilities and amenities to ensure that visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Whether you are a spectator, a competitor, or a member of the media, you are sure to find everything you need at this world-class race circuit.
Winners at the Mexican Grand Prix
These are the drivers who won the Mexican Grand Prix in previous years (from 2015-2022):
- 2015: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
- 2016: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2017: Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
- 2018: Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
- 2019: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2020: Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 2021: Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
- 2022: Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
How to Buy Tickets for the Mexican Grand Prix
The Mexican Grand Prix is one of the most popular motorsports events in the world, attracting fans from all over the globe. If you are interested in attending this exciting event, here is a guide on how to buy tickets for the Mexican Grand Prix.
Visitors to the Mexican Grand Prix can choose from a range of ticket options, including grandstand seating and hospitality packages. Grandstand seating options offer excellent views of the track and allow visitors to experience all the action up close. Hospitality packages, on the other hand, offer a more luxurious experience, with access to VIP lounges, gourmet food, and drinks.
Where to Purchase Tickets:
Tickets for the Mexican Grand Prix can be purchased through the official circuit website or through authorized ticketing agents. Visitors are advised to purchase tickets through official channels to avoid counterfeits and ensure that their tickets are valid.
Pricing and Availability:
The pricing of tickets for the Mexican Grand Prix varies depending on the ticket type and location. Visitors are advised to check the official circuit website for the latest pricing information and to take advantage of early bird discounts and promotions.
Tips and Advice:
When buying tickets for the Mexican Grand Prix, it is recommended to book early to ensure that you get the seating location of your choice. Visitors are also advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their tickets, including the refund, exchange, and cancellation policy.
Refund, Exchange and Cancellation Policy:
The refund, exchange and cancellation policy for tickets to the Mexican Grand Prix will vary depending on the ticketing agent or website. Visitors are advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their tickets before purchasing to ensure that they understand the policy.
How to bet on the Mexican Grand Prix
Betting on the Mexican Grand Prix can be an exciting way to add to your experience of this popular motorsports event. Here is a guide on how to bet on the Mexican Grand Prix:
- Research: Before placing a bet, it is important to research the race, including the track, the drivers, and their performance. This information will help you make informed decisions when betting.
- Choose a Bookmaker: Select a reputable bookmaker that offers betting on the Mexican Grand Prix. Check the odds offered by different bookmakers and compare them to ensure that you are getting the best value for your bet.
- Consider the Types of Bets: There are various types of bets that you can place on the Mexican Grand Prix, including the winner of the race, the fastest lap time, and the driver to finish in the top three. Choose the type of bet that best suits your interests and knowledge.
- Set a Budget: Betting on the Mexican Grand Prix can be addictive, so it is important to set a budget and stick to it. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose.
- Follow the Race: Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the race and adjust your bets accordingly.
- Place Your Bet: Once you have made your research and chosen your bookmaker, place your bet.
- Enjoy the Race: Betting on the Mexican Grand Prix can be a fun and exciting way to experience the race. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the action!
It is important to note that betting on the Mexican Grand Prix should only be done in jurisdictions where it is legal, and under the conditions of the bookmaker’s terms and conditions.
Frequently asked questions about Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues
What types of motorsports events are held at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues?
What amenities and facilities are available at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues?
Can I buy tickets to watch the Mexican Grand Prix at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues?
The Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues is a historic and iconic circuit in the world of motorsports, known for hosting the Mexican Grand Prix and other exciting events. The circuit is well-equipped with amenities and facilities to accommodate spectators, teams, and media, making it an enjoyable experience for all.
With its rich history and exciting racing action, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues continues to be an important part of the motorsports world. Looking to the future, there are plans for further development and upgrades to enhance the circuit’s facilities and racing capabilities, solidifying its place as a premier destination for motorsports fans.
In conclusion, the Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues is a must-visit destination for motorsports fans and provides an unforgettable experience for those in attendance.
Learn more about Formula One
Want to learn more about F1? Then visit our Formula 1 glossary and dictionary.