Circuit of the Americas is a multi-purpose racing facility located in Austin, Texas. It is the only purpose-built Grand Prix track in the United States, and it hosts several motorsports events throughout the year, including Formula 1 races and MotoGP races. The circuit features 20 turns and a total length of 3.4 miles.
Table of Contents
Watch this video to learn more about Circuit of the Americas.
History and Construction of the Circuit
The history of motorsports in Circuit of the Americas dates back to 2012, when the circuit held its first-ever Formula 1 race. Over the years, the circuit has become a staple of the motorsports community, attracting fans from all over the world.
The construction of Circuit of the Americas started in 2010 and was completed in 2012. The circuit was designed by renowned architect Hermann Tilke. It features a unique blend of challenging turns and long straightaways that test the skill and speed of racers.
The layout of the circuit is designed to mimic some of the most famous racetracks in the world, including Silverstone in the UK and the Hockenheimring in Germany. The circuit also features several state-of-the-art facilities, including grandstands that offer spectacular views of the track and pit lane, as well as VIP suites and hospitality areas.
First Grand Prix
Number of Laps
1:36.169 Charles Leclerc (2019)
Famous features of Circuit of the Americas
- 20 challenging turns, including a 130-foot hill that provides an incredible view of the circuit.
- A total length of 3.4 miles, making it one of the longest tracks in the world.
- State-of-the-art facilities, including grandstands, VIP suites, and hospitality areas.
- A unique design that mimics some of the most famous racetracks in the world, including Silverstone and the Hockenheimring.
- Spectacular views of the track and surrounding areas, including downtown Austin and the Texas Hill Country.
- An impressive pit lane that can accommodate all teams and vehicles, providing quick and easy access to the track.
- A massive outdoor concert area that has hosted some of the biggest names in music, including Taylor Swift and Kanye West.
Racing at the Circuit of the Americas
Circuit of the Americas is the host of several world-class motorsports events, including Formula 1 races and MotoGP races. The circuit is known for its challenging layout, which includes a 130-foot hill, several high-speed turns, and long straightaways.
Drivers who compete at Circuit of the Americas face unique challenges, including the intense Texas heat and unpredictable weather conditions. The circuit’s layout requires precision and skill, making it a true test of a driver’s ability.
Some of the most notable races and moments in Circuit of the Americas’ history include Lewis Hamilton’s record-breaking 7th Formula 1 World Championship in 2020, Valentino Rossi’s incredible comeback win in the 2019 MotoGP race, and Sebastian Vettel’s stunning victory in the inaugural Formula 1 race in 2012.
Compared to others Formula 1 circuits
|Monaco Grand Prix
|Circuit de Monaco
|Dutch Grand Prix
|Austrian Grand Prix
|Red Bull Ring
|Mexican Grand Prix
|Autodromo Hermanos Rodrígues
|Brazilian Grand Prix
|Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
|Canadian Grand Prix
|Hungarian Grand Prix
|Spanish Grand Prix
|Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
|Singapore Grand Prix
|Marina Bay Street Circuit
|Australian Grand Prix
|Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit – Albert Park
|Bahrain Grand Prix
|Bahrain International Circuit
|Miami Grand Prix
|Miami International Autodrome
|Chinese Grand Prix
|Shanghai International Circuit
|United States Grand Prix
|Circuit of the Americas
|Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
|YAS Marina Circuit
|French Grand Prix
|Circuit Paul Ricard
|Italian Grand Prix
|Autodromo Nazionale Monza
|Las Vegas Grand Prix
|Las Vegas Street Circuit
|Japanese Grand Prix
|Suzuka International Racing Course
|British Grand Prix
|Azerbaijan Grand Prix
|Baku City Circuit
|Saudi Arabia Grand Prix
|Jeddah Corniche Circuit
|Belgian Grand Prix
|Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Facilities and Amenities
Circuit of the Americas is designed with the needs of spectators, teams, and media in mind, offering a range of facilities and amenities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Spectators can enjoy the action from a variety of grandstands that offer fantastic views of the track and pit lane. There are also several VIP suites and hospitality areas available, providing a premium viewing experience.
Teams and media have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including garages, pit lanes, and media centers. These areas provide teams with everything they need to prepare for and compete in races, and media with all the resources they need to cover events effectively.
In addition to its on-site facilities, Circuit of the Americas offers a range of hospitality and VIP offerings, including premium seating options, dining packages, and exclusive access to private areas.
For those traveling from out of town, there are several nearby hotels that offer convenient and comfortable accommodations. Circuit of the Americas is also easily accessible by car and public transportation, making it easy to get to and from the circuit.
Winners at United States Grand Prix
These are the drivers who won the United States Grand Prix in previous years (from 2012-2022):
- 2012: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
- 2013: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
- 2014: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2015: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2016: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2017: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2018: Kimi Räikkönen (Ferrari)
- 2019: Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 2020: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- 2021: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- 2022: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
How to Buy Tickets for the United States Grand Prix
The United States Grand Prix is one of the most highly anticipated motorsports events of the year, and tickets for the race are highly sought after. Whether you are a seasoned motorsports fan or a newcomer to the sport, there are several ticket options available to suit your needs and budget.
- Grandstand seating: Choose from a variety of grandstands that offer different views of the circuit, from the start/finish line to the high-speed turns.
- Hospitality packages: Upgrade your experience with a hospitality package that includes access to premium seating, dining, and other VIP perks.
Where to Purchase Tickets:
- Official Circuit Website: The best place to purchase tickets for the United States Grand Prix is the official circuit website, where you can find information on all the available ticket options, including pricing and availability.
- Authorized Ticketing Agents: In addition to the official circuit website, you can purchase tickets from authorized ticketing agents, who can help you find the best seats and packages to suit your needs.
Pricing and Availability:
- Pricing for tickets to the United States Grand Prix can vary depending on the ticket option and location.
- Early bird discounts and promotions are available for those who purchase tickets early, so be sure to check the circuit website regularly for updates.
Tips and Advice:
- Consider your viewing preferences when choosing a grandstand or hospitality package, as some areas may offer better views of the track or pit lane.
- Be aware of important deadlines for purchasing tickets, as some packages and discounts may not be available after a certain date.
- Make sure to review the refund, exchange, and cancellation policy for the tickets, in case your plans change.
How to bet on the United States Grand Prix
Betting on motorsports, including the United States Grand Prix, has become increasingly popular in recent years, with fans looking to add an extra layer of excitement to their viewing experience. Here are some key steps to follow when betting on the United States Grand Prix:
- Choose a reputable sportsbook: Do your research and choose a reputable sportsbook that offers odds on the United States Grand Prix.
- Know the drivers and teams: Familiarize yourself with the drivers and teams competing in the United States Grand Prix, as their performance can have a significant impact on the outcome of the race.
- Consider the track characteristics: Consider the track characteristics of Circuit of the Americas, such as its layout and key features, as these can influence the performance of drivers and teams.
- Review the odds: Review the odds offered by the sportsbook and compare them with other odds sources to get a better understanding of the market.
- Place your bet: Place your bet on the driver or team you believe will perform the best in the United States Grand Prix.
- Keep track of your bet: Keep track of your bet and monitor the odds and the race, as they can change as the race progresses.
It is important to note that betting on motorsports is a form of gambling and comes with risk. Always bet responsibly and never more than you can afford to lose.
Frequently asked questions about Circuit of the Americas
What types of motorsports events are held at Circuit of the Americas?
What amenities and facilities are available at Circuit of the Americas?
Can I buy tickets to watch the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas?
Circuit of the Americas is a world-class racing facility that has established itself as a key player in the motorsports industry. With its state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge design, the circuit has become a popular destination for fans and teams alike.
In addition to hosting high-profile events such as the United States Grand Prix, Circuit of the Americas has also become a hub for year-round motorsports activity, with a range of driving experiences and events available for fans to enjoy.
Looking ahead, Circuit of the Americas has a bright future, with plans for further development and expansion in the works. Whether it’s hosting the latest race in the world of motorsports or providing exciting opportunities for fans to experience the thrill of the track, Circuit of the Americas is sure to remain a vital part of the motorsports landscape for years to come.
Learn more about Formula One
Want to learn more about F1? Then visit our Formula 1 glossary and dictionary.